Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Once you go Mac...


As my mother likes to say....'once you go Mac, you never go back'. As usual, she was right. I was a die hard PC fan, until I started working at Nordic Naturals - they were a complete "Mac Shop". There wasn't even the option of using a PC. When I left the company 18 months later, I bought my own MacBook, because I loved Apple so much. Since then, I've treated my little laptop with so much loving care! I've upgraded the memory, and the hard drive and even installed parallels so that I could run windows (when I had to).

I have never had a problem with my MacBook, but it has been about 2 years since I bought it and well, all at once stuff started breaking. My battery stopped working for no apparent reason, my isight didn't work, my cat ripped off a couple of keys when she tried to jump into my lap, and my power adapter cord broke. Apple sent me a new battery, no problem, but I decided to go into the Apple store to see what they could do about the keyboard and the two missing keys.

I booked my appointment online, went in and expected a long wait. I also expected that I would have to buy a new keyboard and leave my laptop at the store for a week or so while they fixed it. Instead, I sat down at the Genius Bar and got help right away. They fixed my missing keys, and gave me a new power adapter cord. We got started on the isight thing and then they offered to replace my keyboard and face plate for free. I was so excited.

So they took my computer back to the back room and swapped out the face plate and the keyboard, and it only took like 20 minutes. Justin, my Apple Genius, rebooted my laptop on an external drive and found out that the reason my isight wasn't working was because of some software bug, so he was able to fix it by re-installing leopard. 2 hours in the Apple Store and I feel like I have a completely new computer. It's like Christmas. The best part is they did it all for free!

If I was starting to doubt the wonderfulness of Apple, well, my little trip to the Apple store has restored my faith...and then some! I can't wait to get my Apple phone this month....then I'll be completely Apple'd out. YAY!



I love my Mac!

1 comment:

  1. It's true. Your mother is always right. You'll never go wrong with a Mac! And now, you know more than I do about them. Love you

    ReplyDelete