Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Hair is a big deal

For those of you who know Zach, you by default know the hair. The entire time that I've known Zach he's had long hair. I'm definitely not complaining, he rocked the long locks! However, for everybody else (especially the folks in my family back in Utah), Zach's hair has been sort of a big deal. So when he decided to go in for a trim at a little Guatemalan barber shop, I was surprised. The hair cutter guy didn't speak any English, and Zach speaks even less Spanish than I do - so when Zach turned down my translation services and opted to go it alone, I was skeptical.

I sat in the waiting area watching the discovery channel (dubbed in Spanish of course). They were doing a special on tiger sharks, so I was sucked in. I looked over at Zach during a commercial break and .....wouldn't you know it. After more than 10 years with long hair, he now has the shortest hair he's had since his mission.

After lots of giggling by both of us, and little bit of 'what was I thinking' from Zach, we got over the initial shock. I like the new do, and I think he's pretty okay with it too. What can I say, he's hot no matter what his hair looks like!











...and just in case you can't remember - here's a before picture:

2 comments:

  1. ok, don't take this the wrong way - UPGRADE!!! asia's right - zach rocked the long locks. but she's also right - zach looks hot with the short cut - i love it :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hooray, we are both in the same country at the same time. It sounds like you had as much fun as I did! Let's compare notes. BTW - who is that guy you came home with??????????????????????

    ReplyDelete