Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Twilight


For those of you who don't know me very well, I love to read. I read anything and everything, and I love to get recommendations. (Hint Hint - Please send 'em to me)

However, when my mom first told me that I should read Twilight, a book about a teenage girl falling in love with a vampire, I couldn't stop rolling my eyes. It sounded like it was about on the same level of The Baby Sitters Club books (which I read back in 4th grade, of course). I said 'Mom, come on....does that sound like something I would really read, don't you think I'm a little bit too old for that?'

But then a couple of weeks later, I was at the library trying to find a book and there right on the shelf in front of me was Twilight. I figured, what the heck....and I got it.

What can I say, I fell in love with Edward from the very beginning and LOVED LOVED LOVED Twilight. I simply can not get enough of the Bella/Edward story. I read the next two books in the series in one day each. I keep recommending this book to all my girl friends, and I keep getting the same reaction that I gave my mom...'Right, like I'm going to read this'. I even went so far as to buy the book for Erika and Rich's wife, Sarah. Every person that I've gotten to read it, has become just as obsessed as me. Erika has now read it like 4 times, Lisa (my step-mom) read all three books within one week. Even CJ and my little brother liked the books.

So if you are reading this blog, and you haven't read Twilight yet. DO IT! If you have read Twilight, you should definitely check out Stephenie Meyer's website for some extra bits. And add this site to your RSS reader.

The movie is going to be out this Christmas, but even better - the fourth book will be out in August. I can't wait! I've pre-ordered mine. If you've read the series, let me know what you think!

7 comments:

  1. i can't wait for that book! i'm a nerd. i also can't wait for the new Inheritance book. Brinsinger or something. ps i just got a job at a bookstore!!! walden books in the provo mall. looking for a cool series to dive into. let me know if you come across anything.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Seriously...I hear about this book daily! Maybe I'll actually have to read it. This is Kristi Cartwright, by the way. I'm just stalking you, no big deal.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Although I am the mom who started this reading trajectory I must say I was a little disappointed in the last book.. I do love Edward, not the cold part...just the intense love part - but I can't for the life of me understand why either Jacob or Edward, or any man for that matter, would be interested in whiney, indecisive Bella." Waa Waa who shall I pick?" Ugh! I am less excited about the new book simply because I think the story is beginning to drag. I just want Edward.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is turning into Harry Potter 2.0. Every female that reads these goes on and on about Edward, so I think I will keep Sarah clear of this series, haha.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi asia, it's liz brown. I came accross your blog through Westin's. I haven't seen you for years. You look so pretty with long hair!! I'm living in Tracy, CA for the summer, just 2 hours from Santa Cruz

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow, am i the only one that hasn't read it yet? my mom and my sister both love it too, sounds like i'm missing out.

    ReplyDelete
  7. i love it too asia :) and i've had the same reaction when i loan it to people (they get hooked!)

    ReplyDelete